Thursday, February 18, 2016
INTERNATIONAL LAW FIRM PROVES THAT MINDFULNESS REALLY WORKS
Having conducted mindfulness courses and seminars for not only law firms but firms of all shapes and kinds I am not surprised to read in the Australasian Lawyer today that one international law firm has actually demonstrated that mindfulness really makes a difference in the workplace. Not that I am surprised to hear that.
Listen to these results from a six-week program in mindfulness run by the major law firm Herbert Smith Freehills:
* a 12 per cent increase in employee focus
* a 10 per cent increase in employee performance
* a 10 per cent increase in employee efficiency
* a 17 per cent increase in employee work/life balance
* an 11 per cent increase in employee communication skills
* a 14 per cent decrease in employee multitasking (yes, out with multitasking).
Here’s the link to the article.